The Carmel Christkindlmarkt is bringing the old world charm of Christmas in Germany to Carmel, Indiana. The Christmas market tradition stretches back to Saxony, Germany during the middles ages. Over the centuries, the joys of the traditional Christmas markets spread from town to town, and around the world! In keeping with Christkindlmarkt tradition, the Carmel Christkindlmarkt guests will enjoy some of the most beloved German holiday food and drinks together with a wide variety of imported German crafts and gifts.
Dec 9, 2017, 1:00 PM - 10:00 PMAdd to Calendar Add to Google Calendar
Center Green – Between The Palladium and The Tarkington Theater in Carmel, IN
One Center Green
Carmel, IN 46032
Go to the following link and click on Volunteer to signup for specific shifts. The shifts on the IA website are generic and designed to give our members credit:
Several opportunities are available. This event entails several hours of shift coverage. Positions are:
1) Beautification (keeping the market pretty and tidy)
2) Cultural Ambassador (greeting guests and offering cultural knowledge and stories of German markets, traditions and food)
3) Hospitality – Alcohol check (reminding guests that alcohol must remain in the designated areas and enforcing the policy)
4) Hospitality – Greeters (greet guests with friendliness and enthusiasm, willingness to learn common German greetings)
5) Information/Way Finder (provide guests with information about the market and ice skating operations)
|Parking is free.
Special gift for volunteers who register for more one 2-hour shift.
|Warm, comfortable attire dictated by weather.|